Friday, October 12, 2007

Let;s hope this sticks

I have finally been able to reset my password to get back into my account and post new blogs. Let's hope this continues to hold true. Yesterday I met with the Prism staff at Highland to discuss the upcoming literary magazine. I began thinking about how the technology could be used to enhance the magazine submission process and promotons process. I'm hoping that Janet and I can use this to our advantage. Why can't we set up an email account just for submissions to the magazine? Only the staff would have access. We could even do it as a blog, list our guidelines and an email link for the submissions. I could put a link on my school web page for submissions of any work students would like to send. What do you all think?
brad

5 comments:

Janet Knoll said...

I think that this would be an excellent use of technology to enhance the process of students submitting their work for the magazine. It would be so much more efficient than having them submit hard copies, and then getting those copies into magazine form. And it be accessible to all of the members of the magazine staff. This really gets me excited about the use of technology to take the Prizm to the next level, and I know that the students will be just as enthusiastic!
Janet

brad said...

Do we have a server that the prism staff can access so that we can save all submissions to a single folder to be password accessed by the staff?

Janet Knoll said...

Good question about the server. I don't know the answer but I know someone who does. I'll follow up on it next week. It would make sense to have a designated folder for all of the submissions.

DebK said...

The school has a server and staff should have folders on the server. Students also used to have folders on the server and could save their work there. Few staff ever used their folders on the server and with the changes in building techs the during the past year, this kind of got pushed aside. It should be possible though.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it seems to work now--what a frustration! Not sure why that happened to you and Ruth at Arlington, but I am glad you got it straight.

Without the frustration, you seem to have some great ideas on how to make use of the blog idea or other ways to enhance yoour work.