Wednesday, March 12, 2008

RPC

I think this is a great resource, but it needs some upgrading. I think the reminders are something that won't work for my students because half of them don't have computer access at home. I also think the rubric generator could be more robust. It is limited in scope. The research i do is usually shorter in nature than science or social studies; and I think I've finally (after ten years) refined the process to lead my students to great success. I personally won't use the RPC because of accessibility issues for my students, but I can see it as a useful tool for new teachers. What I REALLY like is the citation machine attached to the resource links page on the highland website. I have found this tool to be hugely helpful in citing resources. I think the kids will use it all through college.
bc

No comments: